Monday, October 8, 2007


INTRODUCTIONS


Hi, my name is Sue. I'm Missy's Mom. Missy is the one who set up this site. The site is beautiful, thanks Missy!
And thank YOU for checking us out! The 'Day Spa for Women' has been a work in progress..... it started over a year ago, when Missy told me about an idea she had. Her step-daughter had put on a 'tea party' for her Youth Group girlfriends. Missy thought it would be a good idea to have a 'pampering', 'spa-type' event for a Women's retreat. She felt the Lord calling her to minister to busy, tired, overwhelmed, frustrated women of this new milleneum. At the time, the Lord had been putting prayer on my heart, and I had organized several 'prayer days' at my Church. The Lord was slowly forming an idea, and I would put together what I call 'prayer stations'. Basically prayer stations are tables with objects that prompt you to 'dig deep' and that correlate with God's word in the Bible. It's hard to explain - you really have to experience it! Anyway, what has come together is a day that is amazing! We begin with Worship. Then there is testimony. Revelation 12:11 says we overcome the enemy by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony! God always seems to prompt us to share personal experiences that always end up being relevant to those attending. God is so cool how He does that! Missy is very talented in drama, and she usually does a short skit or drama. It's very powerful.
The most powerful part of the day, in my opinion, is the prayer stations and the Foot Washing and foot/hand massage. There are 3 of us that wash feet, and then massage feet and hands. Of course we use sweet-smelling soaps and lotions. But it is the 'aroma of Christ' that lingers, as the Holy Spirit leads us in prayer. It is truly so powerful, so healing, so nurturing.
We take a lunch break, and are treated to a special lunch. Then after lunch, we have more worship, more testimony and another 90 minutes of prayer stations and foot/hand massage.
Missy and I feel truly blessed that the Lord is allowing us to be His servants in this area. My daughter (and Missy's sister) Danelle, hopes to join us in one of the upcoming Spa's.
I hope to get to meet you at one of our upcoming Day Spa's! God bless you.

No comments: