Monday, October 15, 2007

HEALING RAIN

We've received about 3 inches of rain here in the last 2 days.

If you've heard my testimony, you know that the Lord gives me 'songs'. One of the first songs I received was one day when I was listening to the Michael W. Smith instrumental CD 'Freedom'. The words just came into my head..... it was a song of God's love, and how His love was meant for me. It was a song that told of a sovereign God who loves each one of us so very personally.

With all the rain we've received the last couple of days, I've been thinking of another of Michael W. Smith's songs: 'Healing Rain'. Some of the lyrics go:
Healing rain is coming down, It's coming nearer to this old town. Rich and poor, weak and strong, It's bringing mercy, it won't be long! Healing rain is coming down, It's coming closer to the lost and found. Tears of joy, and tears of shame, are washed forever in Jesus' name.

I pray for more and more of Our Savior's healing rain. I saw some of it on Saturday, with the tears that were shed. I know the Lord wants to nurture us, water us, cleanse us with His healing rain.

Let the rain come, Lord!

No comments: