Monday, December 24, 2007

CELEBRATING A BIRTHDAY; WAITING FOR A RETURN

I've been awake since 3:00 a.m. this morning. My heart is troubled.

I have a loved one that is 'bound up' with those chains of dissatisfaction that Satan so craftily ensnares so many with. It makes me angry, that now - at this time of the year - when we should be free to do nothing but think on the birth of our Savior, to celebrate that wonderful day, to think about what it must have been like: angels in the sky, shepherds in awe, a young mom holding a tiny little baby, a baby SHE knew was a very special baby...... Instead I see so many (including my loved one) becoming more and more depressed, convinced that life 'sucks', blinded by discontentment because of a 'perception' of lack of that #1 IDOL in our world today, yes MONEY. Money, things, 'toys', spending. I hate it! I hate seeing all those tv commercials that imply that everyone is having so much fun, spending a bunch of money, buying this, buying that..... a surpise car here, a beautiful diamond there. And all it does is (1) make a person feel guilty because they, once again, have 'fallen short' of society's expectation, or (2) they buy into the lie and charge up credit cards, buying things they can't afford.

Over 2,000 years ago the Jewish people were longing for their Messiah to come and 'rescue them'.

Today, in 2007, on Christmas eve, Jesus, I long for You to come back. We know You ARE coming back. We just don't know when. But I am waiting, Lord. Waiting.







No comments: